After carefully analyzing film posters from recent times, I have come to the conclusion that a film poster should include:
- The film title
- The actors/actresses names who are starring in the film - either at the top, bottom or next to their picture
- Should include a still picture from the film or the picture should be relevant to the subject of the film
- Should include any nominations or awards that the film has received at the top or bottom - near where the actor and actresses names are
- They should also give the audience some direction as to when the film is being released
- The use of a tag line, to suggest genre of film.
- Should be seldom suggestive of what the genre of the film is. Could use colours, font, mis en-scene (such as the clothing, make up and hair in the pictures) and also the look - simple or busy.
- Age certification should be displayed - usually in the bottom right corner of the poster.